Treasure

...don't know where we are, don't know where we're going!
ianlogic
Site Admin

Treasure

Post by ianlogic » 12 Feb 2016, 08:40

Guys

I have broken out all the treasure from Dun Kur's character sheet, see attached Word document.

I have made some suggestions about distribution but please chip in with stuff you want or don't want, this was just a first stab.

Jase - the scrolls are all water aligned but I'm not sure if that means LanZi would want them more or less than Milai?

cheers

Logic
Attachments
Dun Kur_magical items.docx
(32.52 KiB) Downloaded 308 times

fawn

Re: Treasure

Post by fawn » 12 Feb 2016, 12:30

Hey, you left out the backback! Dafydd wants that and the basic adventuring equipment that goes with it! :D

I am interested in the jewellery - not because Dafydd wants to wear it, but what purpose do they serve and what dweomer is associated with them? The Ring of the Sons of Inwe sounds suspiciously like either a communication or locator device, which could be dangerous if we don't identify it and decide what to do with it carefully. The Necklace of the Plane of Ash sounds like a useful planar travel device... and if we ever get time to rest and level then Dafydd will attempt to create a key to the Plane of Ash from the material he gathered; this necklace might have properties that could help with that (or even become the key itself). Does the crown have any significance (ability to influence Drow for example)? I would just like to understand (as you said) potentially evil items before we carry them into the very heart of allied strength!

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 12 Feb 2016, 14:08

Owen

I don't think anybody is going to fight you for the backpack and non-magical contents - so, fill your boots! :D

Have you had a chance to scan through the armour and work out the effect on dafydd of a complete swap of Tuar Chan's armour for Fingol's? It looks like you would get some pretty significant benefits from the new armour, including major strength and Dex boosts, but I'm not sure how that compares to what you currently get? Would also be useful to know if you think Dafydd needs/wants the complete armour set or just bits of it? (my default assumption is all of it)

We definitely need to 'Detect Magic' and 'Advanced Identify' a whole bunch of stuff:

New Sword, Scabbard, Dun Ker's jewellery, etc. One for Lan Zi. I would be inclined to just stop where we are and do it, unless it would require a period of rest first iot memorize the relevant spells.

Logic

fawn

Post by fawn » 12 Feb 2016, 15:38

It's identical, except that the base armour class is better, so yes Dafydd is very happy with a swap. He would need most of it, but there might be bits that are not required; I will have a closer look.

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 12 Feb 2016, 17:14

I don't think you need to feel obliged to relinquish anything - it was more just that if there was anything that was superfluous because it added little or no value to your character. I don't know if there are any items where the powers overlap with something you already have, for example? I think we are all assuming that the armour goes to Dafydd in toto, in exchange for returning Tuar Chan's armour to Yagitamo.

Logic

Oggie

Post by Oggie » 03 Mar 2016, 17:56

Chaps,

I need to adjust the armour as I appear to have transposed the character sheets incorrectly. The armour you now have is actually better in many ways. I'll post something when I get my head out of my...

Soz, I should have been more careful. There was quite a bit of miscellaneous magic missing from the sheet, including potions and scrolls and some funnies. So I suggest you hold off on divvying it up...

Ogs