Meanwhile in Everinstar

...somewhere to discuss plans and record deductions.
ianlogic
Site Admin

Meanwhile in Everinstar

Post by ianlogic » 23 Apr 2020, 07:31

We have effectively abandoned Everinstar to its fate as the forces there are way beyond our ability to fight.

Rantor - remains the dominant force in the world but luckily doesn't engage in every fight. Still based out of Tiris due to the presence of the Gate to the Plane of Fire but able to influence any fight

Demogorgan - based in Zundar and now being provided with direct help (Giants, etc) from Loki to Attack the Good forces in the North but Loki has refused to help him battle evil (Orcus) - Loki's support only extends to sowing more chaos and hastening Ragnarok. Has control of Gates to Negativity (Zundar) and Astral (Maedus) so can easily receive reinforcements.

Orcus - is expanding into Nega and his new power base in Everinstar but lacks easy access to a Gate (would love to capture a gate from Demogorgan?)

Malor - his power base is still in northern Amorsland but he has a Gith army in control of Sutur. Not a massive player in Everinstar but would be nice if Demogorgan thought that Malor was aligned to Orcus and decide to crush his army..

So what..

We must:
- warn all good forces in the North that Demogorgan is coming for them

We want to:
- redirect Demorgan to Orcus in the South

We could - construct a false image to be intercepted by Demogorgan of Malor talking to Orcus in which Malor agrees to attack Zundar from the North, staging out of Sutur, as a distraction, while Orcus strikes out of Nega to take the gate at Maedus. Simultaneously, a false image for Orcus of Demorgorgan ordering his forces to abandon Maedus and strike North with everything they have to crush the enemy.

fawn

Re: Meanwhile in Everinstar

Post by fawn » 24 Apr 2020, 09:05

Did you mean Zundar rather than Maedus in the last para (throughout)? That would make sense. I don't suppose we could redirect the gate at Maedus in some way (by changing another gate)... could we predict the changes and would they help us?

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 24 Apr 2020, 14:13

No - I meant both Zundar and Maedus; the latter being arguably the more vulnerable of the gates that Demogorgan controls. It makes the fake vision seem more credible - Malor is only making a feint to Zundar to encourage Demogorgan to draw forces back from Maedus to make it more vulnerable to Orcus.

The intended effect is to influence Demogorgan- we want to make Malor and Orcus seem like a more immediate problem for Demogorgan than the scattered forces of Good in the North so that he re-orients West and South.

fawn

Post by fawn » 25 Apr 2020, 07:31

Ok, but the distance from Nega to Maedus is significant, so I'm not sure the deception would be credible (or Demogorgan would be able to screen the route whilst still engaging in the north). In fact you'd practically have to wave at Zundar on the way past to Maedus.

I'm just worried that we need a more direct intervention if we're going to counter Loki's plans.

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 25 Apr 2020, 09:46

Yeh - I agree. I didn't look at the map and so I thought Maedus was further south!

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 27 Apr 2020, 07:39

I stand by the original intent though - we want to distract Demogorgan with Orcus at Nega and Malor's forces at Sutur, giving our allies in the North some respite. If Nega is too far away then maybe we should focus on Sutur for now and yet Orcus make trouble and noise all by himself. If Demogorgan perceives Malor as an ally of Orcus with an army in striking range of Maedus then he may move to crush the Gith Army at Sutur before he heads North?

fawn

Post by fawn » 28 Apr 2020, 16:06

That sounds more likely - I could definitely support that COA. You know the destruction of Sutur and abandonment of Gwendolyn probably explains why Dafydd is a bit unhinged at times - he probably needs a TRiM intervention.

Oggie

Post by Oggie » 05 May 2020, 08:42

All your characters are 'unhinged'...

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 05 May 2020, 12:26

Luckily its only roleplay and we're all completely sane :?