Keffendir and Beyond...

...somewhere to discuss plans and record deductions.
ianlogic
Site Admin

Keffendir and Beyond...

Post by ianlogic » 03 Jun 2019, 08:32

Guys

As always I want to capture our thoughts and plans now, while they are fresh, because we all know that we will forget!

Immediate:
- Return to Fountainver with Enrodire, Mandur and body of Brodalgur.
- Brodalgur interred in Dafydd's Norse temple with full honours.
- Baldir will pay a minstrel to compose a song of Brodalgur's glorious death saving his sister from the Dragon
- All of us can replace missing equipment.
- Anybody who is able can 'level up'. Baldir can't but I don't know about everybody else?
- Wait for Milai and Dafydd to return from Lumia so that Mandur and Milai can meet and talk.

With Milai and Dafydd
- Together with White Council, we will tell Mandur everything we know about what it means to be a bloom, especially her link with Dracor through the Flore and her ability to influence the Plane of Earth.

First 3-4 weeks
- Baldir would like to visit his temple in the Efferendil while others are levelling-up (He is also going to borrow Milai's 'Lyre of Building' to help with temple construction now that Fountainver is rebuilt)

What Next
- New party accompany Enrodire and Mandur to Keffendir
- Help Mandur regain her power base and establish a solid defence so we can be sure she is 'safe'; link up Mandur's army with Enrodire's to keep pressure on Malor's forces.
- Make sure that Dracor is safe and well - possibly help him link up again with Mandur so that he can defend her if he is in trouble? (still odd that he didn't help Mandur?)
- Gain intelligence on Malor's troop movements in the North.

White Council
- Milai will initially focus on helping the new bloom settle in at Fountainver, focusing resources on ensuring she is safe and well defended. She will teach her everything we know about being a Bloom and try to link her with Si Lung (who Milai really wants to see again as well).
- Once new bloom is settled, Milai will take a squadron of 3 boats to patrol the SLOCs and attempt to establish a trading route with the dwarves of Everinstar to get iron for the Fountainver dockyards.

Please add you own thoughts on what your characters are doing short, medium and long-term for both parties. Also, please add any thoughts on 'what next' - do we all agree with helping Mandur regain the North?

Owen - Milai would really appreciate having Dafydd on board while she heads out to link up with the Dwarves of Everinstar (she needs a lot of healing!)

Logic

ianlogic
Site Admin

Re: Keffendir and Beyond...

Post by ianlogic » 05 Jun 2019, 11:24

Guys

Replying to my own thread in order to capture my thinking somewhere for next time...

I think we've agreed that this party is really focusing on blooms; so, I think it is worth always checking our COAs against the status of blooms:

We need to protect and promote the Neutral and Good blooms:

With our prompting, the New White Council have hopefully intervened to secure a new Elven Bloom and her security will effectively be Milai's responsibility.

We have now rescued the Dwarven Bloom but not really 'secured' her as an active force on the Prime yet (she needs her army and her dragon).

We have brought the human bloom and her dragon to the Efferendil and South Amorsland.

Gnome Bloom ?

Halfling Bloom?

We need to weaken the evil blooms:

Malask - beyond our reach and guarded by Rantor.

Inwe - beyond our reach to hurt directly but Tun Mi Lung was killed by White Council and she is running out of sons ;)

??? - there is an evil Bloom linked to Tiamat but we haven't identified which race. (UPDATE - Duergar I think but possibly Gith)

So, I don't think the new party can meaningfully target the evil blooms but we can focus on the rest. I think that gives us a straight choice between protect what we know or find what we don't. We can stick with Mandur for at least one more weekend or we can seek out either the Gnome or Halfling Bloom. Of the latter 2, we have been pushed in visions and clues towards heading South to seek out the Halflings, who are probably really important for the Prime. Given that Enrodire was surprisingly similar in level to us as a Fighter, I think we need to accompany him and Mandur north to presumably Keffendir and/or Dragorald, until we are sure she is relatively safe and I really want to know where Draco Augusta is, so that he can help protect her.

All that leads me to stick with my view that we are staying focused on Mandur (or possibly her Dragon) for now but please let me know if you agree or have a different option...

Logic
8-)

Oggie

Post by Oggie » 13 Sep 2019, 07:25

Chaps,

Can you please confirm that Logic’s COA for the next weekend is agreed, so I can flesh out the detail and provide hints?

Oggie

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 15 Sep 2019, 10:19

I'm thinking silence is compliance :D

fawn

Post by fawn » 15 Sep 2019, 19:00

I agree - we had already talked out sticking with Mandur until we knew her power base was reasonably secure so I vote for that! Will try to catch up more when the journals are done...

Oggie

Post by Oggie » 16 Sep 2019, 09:28

Cool! Just about time to work out a plan to kill all your characters ...

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 16 Sep 2019, 09:48

Again? :lol:

Takeda

Post by Takeda » 17 Sep 2019, 21:35

Sorry yes in full agreement with logics COA

ianlogic
Site Admin

Post by ianlogic » 30 Sep 2019, 15:42

Guys

Just wanted to post my usual post-weekend COA update before I inevitably forget everything that we have planned and why.

New White Council

Milai has successfully recruited a new Elven Bloom from Lumia and brought her to Fountainver - aided by Dafydd. The new Bloom, Tordinnyar, will stay based in Fountainver under the protection of Menaloas, 'Castellan' of Fountainver. Her dragon, Si Lung, is nearby and she is now fairly happy with the principle of being a bloom and communing with the dragon. The new bloom being recruited frees Milai up to return to being full-time queen of the Sea Elves on the Prime and, as such, she is now leading patrols to establish new SLOCs with the Everinstar dwarves, without which her people can't build new ships.

Dafydd is currently accompanying Milai for defence in depth but I imagine he will want to spend more time in his temple at Fountainver as well?

Lan Zi and Hintzu are currently in pursuit of the Ring of Positivity and are obscured from scrying, There is no way to tell if this is the result of Lan Zi blocking his location on purpose or enemy action. We should start getting worried soon! When able, Hintzu has been asked to build a monastery in the Efferendil.

New Party

Having left Mandur with the other blooms in Fountainver/Efferendil we have established that her aligned dragon, Draco Augusta, is held captive by the Titans, led by Kronos (in Tarterus I think). The Titans are the ancient enemy of the Greek mythos, having been kicked out of Olympus by Zeus, et al. The Titans seized Draco off the Prime as part of a deal with Malor, who promised Kronos that he could ransom him to us for Kronos' timepiece. Hopefully he will now be pissed off with Malor that it didn't work! :twisted:

Recovering Draco Augusta remains a key priority and, if we can't, Mandur will need a new dragon in order to be fully effective as a bloom. However, we can't fight the Titans...!

As we are unable to rescue Draco Augusta right now, our current COA is to gather Enrodire's and Mandur's armies from Keffendir and the Dragorald, before leading them to the east coast. From there, we will attempt to arrange for Milai to transport them south. While Milai's ships are 'Plan A', I would prefer to transport them by portal or something cleverer. I think we should give some thought to asking Dafydd to use Dimensional Folding instead. He can create a 10' portal for 1 minute per casting of the spell (which is only 4th level). I reckon if we had the dwarven army in marching order, they could cross the portal 3 abreast. If they're running, then you should be able to get 50 rows of 3 through the portal in that time (allowing some time to get up to speed after casting!). That would be 150 dwarves transported straight to the Efferendil for each casting of a 4th level spell and they would prefer the minor aging risk to weeks at sea in an elven boat!

Anyway, we used the Border Ethereal to get to the Dragorald and have now re-joined the Prime in order to follow a path that Enrodire knows. It will take a while but should be relatively free of big nasties - at least compared to the Border Ethereal! So far, it looks more like the mines of Moria though :o

As always, please add you own notes as required.

Logic

Takeda

Post by Takeda » 01 Oct 2019, 08:50

Great notes as ever Logic - thank you.

Just to add that we now have 3 blooms that all have a better understanding of their role and powers - 2 of which have dragons. That is a significant step forward for the forces of Good.

Not wishing to play others characters but I wonder if there is a Priest version of 'Extension' that could be used to keep the portal open longer? Or perhaps a mage could cast Extension on the portal anyway because the spell doesn't specify who has to cast the spell it just says "previously cast"

Buy the way I found this useful website that lays out all the 2e spells by level and links them to descriptions.
http://pandaria.rpgworlds.info/cant/rul ... spells.htm
Useful if you are at work and can't access Logic fab App!